Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cerebral Palsy Day Four Invitation ( Handwriting with Cerebral Palsy)

     
     So today's  idem is invitations.    Once  we pick out the location  and themes its time to invite  friends over to party.









  For our purposes those I   am  going to talk about handwriting. Now  I am not a Occupational Therapist, OT  for short; however,  I do know a thing or two about handwriting with Cerebral Palsy thanks  to my  awesome memory.

  When I was young before I was able to write, My parents got me a bunch of pre writing activities.  You have to remember  this is in the 90's  before I pads, though  I had a computer  with  tons of educational games that  were kinda like the educational apps  that are out today.  ( If you have any good educational apps for teaching kids how  to write  please leave a comment below).    In  Pre-K  my tutor, who used to be my special education teacher  gave me a slant board to work on writing. This was helpful when I was learning how to write.  I had a slant board at home  but at school  I  did not have that so I had to write  on my own.

 Great  game.   I wish they make a remake This was the best game.
What they did have at school  was  read write and type.  A cool computer  game that taught typing and phonics.  This  is crucial for people with CP.   We may not know many people in person with CP but there are a ton of people online with CP.

















Offline though  I like to use Sumo Grip Pencils.  These are mechanical pencils that  have a really good grip which makes it great for people with CP.










   Happy  Writing.





No comments: