Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cerebral Palsy Party Day nine Noise makers : Reflections on drool,

            I have lots of memories of  blowing  noise makers at birthday parties. These were very fun and kept us  kids occupied while  annoying   the parents .




 Today's  post will be about drool.




I am a  twenty three year old college student.   I   am  really  good at  sports.    I also drool  somedays.   I  drool because of my  CP.   I have a speech impairment  and a hard time   controlling my silva.  When I was younger Princess used to  give me a hard time on  drooling.  She  hated it because it  was  gross.    I  had always thought that I  was the only one who  had  saliva until   I learned about the digestive system in  fifth grade.

   Drooling never really bothered me that much  growing up until   someone   made a comment saying that was  gross.      Since then I have been  really  self conscious about drooling.   When  I drooled   on a   test    a few weeks ago  I apologized   profusely.  the professor was really understanding and told me no worries.

    One thing that  I  would like  people to do  when  I drool  is to  be  patient, and understanding and try not to judge.   Don't  pity me or assume that I  do not understand things because   I  am  very smart.     I  just happen to drool,



 image from http://www.promo-wholesale.com/Upfiles/Prod_i/16--Party-Blowouts_20090773241.jpg




No comments: