Friday, March 6, 2015

Day five How to get to the party (Biking Ceep edition)




 Today's topic is transportation.


            So  how do you get  to the party?"  Where you  drive or ride bikes  or  take a bus
. Today  I am  going to talk to you about Bikes.



       Bikes are really important to a child's independence.  It allows  people to get from point A to point  B   faster then walking.  Plus its  great excise and saves the planet.

  Third Grade Bike Award for biking down to the water temple and back
   2001 
    People with CP have some more challenges to riding a bike.  This is due to poor balance.   Balance issues are  common for ceeps. Some people with mild CP can  ride  a  traditional bike  while others need adapted bike.


  For me, I  rode a bike  with training wheels  til  I was almost 12.  The older I  got, the harder it was to ride with  training bike. What made  it harder was when my two  younger sisters got two wheel bikes   while I  had a bike with training wheels.



       A  few  weeks  before I  started middle school, I got  a new bike.   It was the 3e trike.  The
  My Bike    Fall 2003
people who built the world's fastest bike    also built my bike. I love my bike  and I can  ride for a long time without getting tired.   The one bad thing is that  it  has been broken since 2010.   I  really miss riding  my bike.



   Because my bike has been broken for a while,  I am thinking about trying to buy  a new bike  called mobo.   It looks  really  cool and I have seen it in action when an athlete rode it to Special Olympics  golf practice this past summer.





 Happy  Friday everyone tune in  next week for Week two.   Have a great weekend,

No comments: