Monday, October 26, 2015

31 for 21 Day 26 : Ten things you should know about my grandfather


     Today is a really  hard day for me to blog about.   For those  long time readers you guys know that two  years ago  I lost my grandfather.   Here are a few things you should know about my  grandfather.


1  My grandfather loved old cars.  He kept an assortment of old cars. To this day  there are still  old cars   at my  grandparents home.  He loved to fix them up.  He gave my brother one of his cars  for his 16th  birthday.


2  My  grandfather loved  my  grandmother.    They were together for a long time,   The  rasied  six  kids  together. They  may have gotten  in  fights but they always made up

3 My  grandfather  was an extremly hard  worker.   He  had to quit school to help his family when his father died  when he was a young boy.

4  My  grandfather  valued education.   Four out of his six kids  went to college.  One of my anunts   owned her own buiness.  My other anut  works  for state farm,  My mother became the first   Black  vice chancellor  at UCSF.  

5  My grandfather  was in the Army  when it became integrated .  It  was a hard  time but he  had an excelent work ethic,


  My  grandpa,  My father, Princess, my grandmother  and me in the overalls





6  The day after my  Grandfather pased a peacock  came  to visit my grandparents house.   Ever since  Peacocks have been very important to my  family.

7  I wish   he would have been here to watch me graduate college, move out and  have kids.

8  I wish I could be able to have my mom  talk to him  in heaven.

9  I  wish he could have been here to   hear about  my Princess  trip to Italy when she gets back  in December.

10   I  miss hearing his voice.


 Love you grandpa  

No comments: