Wednesday, October 28, 2015

31 for 21 Day 28 Rude customers scare me

            The biggest fear I have at work is that  a customer will call  me the r word.  You may be wondering why  I have that fear since I do not have an intellectual  disability.

      I work  in the college  bookstore.  I  work the cash  register, see  below for money handling tips, and sometimes it gets busy.   I  do have  unclear speech and  problems   using my hands at times, so  uneducated people  could  assume  that I have an intellectual disability.  Being in fear of  a word being used  towards me should show  how  bad  the word is.  The word stings   and  should not be used.


 The closest thing that I have come to the r word was a customer  trying to grab his  merchandise.  from me.  It really  rattled me up.   My boss is  really great  and has told me that he would defend me.  My boss is the best boss ever.




 Here  is  a related story about  having others back  at work.

No comments: