Thursday, March 3, 2016

Cerebral Palsy Party Day Three: Inventions that increase independence

   Long time readers may remember that  I used to have a baby sitter, T,  T  stayed with us from the time  I was in  Kindergarten til  I graduated from high school.

  T and AZ   at  AZ's High School Graduation  2010


 One of the things  that T did for us kids was laundry which meant after  she left I  had to do my own  washing. This  posed some challenges for me  due to find motor and forgetfulness.  When it came to soap  I could never  navigate the soap.  I would load the clothes in the washing machine  then  have someone help me pour the soap into the right compartment.



  When my family discovered pods, pictured below,  they totally allowed me to be independent in my laundry.  Pods are soap packs that you put into the main compartment with the clothes.    It makes it easy to  wash. These can be found at many stores and are not  too  expensive.  These help me  be independent.          




  You  put the thing on the right  in the wash.






 Tide  DID NOT SPONSOR  THIS POST .  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE MY OWN


No comments: