Monday, March 21, 2016

He Has


He  Has  been on the earth for  22 years.
  He has  a great job.
  He gets around in our town independently.
 He   has co workers that adore him.
 He loves to play basketball and swim.
 He has  friends that are close to him that he considers part of his family.
  He  loves to see movies.
  He has his Eagle Scout.
 He has  an extra chromosome.

  Honestly   I hope you do not think  that  he is a different person.   He  has been a constant  friend in my life since  I was ten.    LM,  LM has  Down Syndrome, and he is a normal  young man.     Yes,  He does navigate the world without someone.     In fact there are times  when  me  him and his best friend, who also has DS,  have walked  downtown to grab a bagel. I do not live in the  same area  as they do so they were the ones guiding me.  LM  is amazing because he is doing things that some said  would not happen.  I am so proud of  LM. He  rocks.


     

No comments: