Tuesday, October 4, 2016

People like me on TV : What I could relate too in Speechless episode two


So  today I will be talking about Speechless episode two. Today I want to talk about the adults in one's life .











           On this episode of Speechless. JJ  says that he wants to have an aide that his mother doesn't agree with. In the first episode,   Mimi  and Kenneth  get into a fight at the school when Kenneth uses the word cripple,  but at a  carnival   JJ and  Kenneth  team up to save  JJ's younger brother from the bullies.


          When your a kid with disabilities you tend to have many adults in your life.  For me I had  OT, PT,ST  an aide  along with the typical adults  in a kid's life. For me the problem was  compounded   when I was diagnosis with  Non  Verbal  Learning disorder , which makes social skills nearly impossible to learn.  For me I get along better with adults.  As a teenager, I had favorite teachers  like my Freshman Spanish teacher, and my  Senior English teacher along with my golf coach.
      As a college student I  made friends with many  of my professors at my community college.  In fact they are the ones that  made me consider  that place a second home.   The key about those people  is  that they are not connected to my parents.  I love my parents a lot but sometimes I need space away from my parents to talk and interact  with adults.
 JJ obviously needs that space as well which is why he  insisted that he needs  Kenneth as his aide. I can not wait to watch their relationship grow as the show progresses.



  Speaking about friends  that are adults  here is a picture of me and my friend  sporting our green for World Cerebral Palsy Day last year.   Tomorrow is World CP Day so  do not forget to stop on by the blog for the world CP montage.






  Here is a preview.





No comments: