Saturday, December 31, 2016

Year in Review



 Another year is over and a new one begins.  Here is my  2016   year in Review.

 January 2016

 My family and I  meet up with  my old babysitter






February  2016
I go to Cal-TASH.  I have a lot of fun and get business cards made.  My professor gives the keynote on Saturday and I win an Apple Watch.  We also had a leap year.  I also got to hang out at the mall with a kid with CP.

March  2016

  Have fun in the Speical Olympics basketball tournament where I meet a Harlem Globe Trotter.  I also see Wicked for the first time and love it.













April 2016

Start my last quarter of college undergrad.  I  talk to an illustrator about a children's book about Cerebral Palsy.  I meet a facebook friend at the Special Olympics track meet.  Her son also has Cerebral Palsy and we hit it off right away.    A fire truck comes to my college.  Posting a selfie with it for Fireman Max.

May2016


 I attend grad fest and take senior photos. I   get gold in both swimming and track and field.
 D, K, AZ and J 

June2016

 I  was on the school website and graduated from college.  I got a shout out from the president of my college. My sister finishes university as well.  We both have a graduation party and most of my mentors and friends come to my grad party.    LM also comes to my grad party.  I also get to go my first summer games.



July 2016
Pokemon goes and a fun fourth of July at a friend's house. Pokemon go reminded me of my childhood. I join the blue team.    I also start attending my local DS group as volunteers to encourage parents raising kids with DS.  In person.  Plans are made for a  trip to Sacramento in 2017 for the  NDSC annual convention.  Born this way has a second season.

August 2016

 I visit CAMP PALS SAN Fransico.  It is a wonderful camp for those with Down Syndrome Seeing people from around the country come together and get along with each other was definitely something great to see.   I filled out an application to be staff next summer. Applications for Camp Pals go out  January first. They have camps all around the US for those with Down Syndrome ages 12 to 30. See more here.I get silver in Special Olympics Golf.


 September 2016


 I co-star in a Gatepath promo that plays at Stanford.   I get to go on the field during halftime. I  turn 25 and get new golf clubs.  I attend a self-advocate conference. I also started working on a secret project.   It will be revealed hopefully this spring.

October 2016

The  World Cerebral Palsy day photo montage is the longest it has ever been. Complete with a green background. I do tip a cop at red robin and dress up as a minion for Halloween.

November

 My parents go on a trip to Hawaii.   While they are gone we get a dog.   I have a  great Thanksgiving with family.

December
 Celebrate Christmas. I get back into Pokemon Yellow on the 3ds.   I got a mountain of Christmas presents.











 Stuff I wrote in 2016

What Inclusion Looks like 

 Please Don't Pretend 

25 Lessons  I have learned 

The Life Lessons behind hide and seek 






 Happy  New Year everyone. I  hope  2017 is filled with love kindness and inclusion for everyone.  Sorry, I have not blogged. Things have been hard the past two months.  I will hopefully blog more in 2017.

No comments: