Monday, June 18, 2012

Able to go to college episode three :Basketball- one of my favoite sports

   



            I know  what you are thinking  how  does this  relate to college   answer  it is   weekend edition.  You know all work and no play......... well I do not  know the rest  but   here it is.   My number is    number  11.  I  really love  playing in this  tourment.  In my area there are two gyms for basketball  but  one  practice  site  for all other sports  so  for me this  means that  I  played against all  my  friends    who are my team mates in  other sports  like  track  and soccer.  I  also  have  my  HMB   hoop buds  one of them  also  goes to my school.  In the fall  more  people from  my team  will go to  my college which will make  for an interesting time ( hint  not all  of them are my  friends)  



I  know second question  

  What's  that on your  arm?

    Thanks  I thought u  never ask.

 All the colors.   I have a white and black  one   I want the orange  one 
 The  white thing on my  arm  is  called a Sniffle  Buddy.  Now  some  people  with CP, me include ,  have the  tendency to   drool.    Now when  I was younger I  drooled a  lot   I mean  I  could have  filled a  cup with  salvia  from my mouth and   I am  not talking about  when I was a  baby i am  talking about    school aged.   Now that I am older   I  have  good  days, where  no   drool  comes  and  I have  bad days  when   drool    comes  out.  In  high school  I   began  to  spit on  people when  I  talked  but I did not drool   oh  the  wonders  of  CP.

  Now one  of  my pet peeves  is   seeing a school age kid   wearing  a  bib.  I  mean  hello  bib   are for babies   not  for  older kids.    I  do not care what kind  of bib you may get     it still  looks  babyish  and   it will make  fitting  in  with other kids  harder then  it  already  is. A great solution to this is to use a bandana  or  a  Sniffle  Buddy,

    A  sniffle  buddy      resembles a bracelet,   It is  made out of bamboo  and it works.  I love  my sniffle buddy  it helps me  control the drool also   if i  forget to  grab a napkin during it mealtimes   helps   me as  well.  Sniffle  Buddies also  are for allergies  and  sports which means that  it is not specifically designed  for  people with disabilities; however    it works.   It is also green because instead of  throwing  napkins away    you  just put it into the  wash so that is  what i am  wearing on my arm.

    
  


  On a different  note  today I  begin  summer school  so this  might be the last Able to  go to college  video  for a while.







3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

"All work and no play" ... can sometimes make Jack a dull boy.

Loved the opening slides about the teammate saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Thanks for the explanations of all your other teammates and where they fit into your world.

The Like Mike song on the soundtrack is fantastic.

Yes, the wonders of spitting!

Good to see that Sniff Buddies are sustainable and environmentally friendly.

Now allergies are very mainstream, and I hope your sporting organisations have a well-defined policy in that regard.

Best in summer school.

Noah's Dad said...

Great video! Thanks for talking about the sniff buddies, that was really cool how you shared about the drooling and what not. I actually didn't know that. It was also cool how you talked about the bib!

I hope you are doing well. It's so much fun to watch all the great things you are doing. Please be sure to keep up your blog and your videos!

AZ Chapman said...

rick i will try but summer school is soo fast and I have lots of hw ie tonight I had to read from page 21 to 75 so will see i am glad u like the videos if u would premote them on your site I would apperciate thanks

ps noah is looking like such a big boy now