Monday, April 15, 2013

Gavin David Leong the Fallen Supper Hero: A boy who will never be six

      He is a boy  who will never be six. 
He is a boy  who will never cuddle  with his mom,
  Sit with his dad,  
Or   play with his brother,  
 He is a boy who will never be six.

He is a boy who left this earth too soon.
 He is a boy who  made a difference. 
 He was a  boy who did not need to  pretend to be a supper hero,
 because he was   
He is a boy who will never be six. 

   Experts say he was deaf, 
 but he heard  his mother's voice. 
 Experts said that he never walked
  Yet,
 on December ,12 ,2012 he  walked across the kitchen floor.
 Experts said  he was not going to learn much 
 Yet he understood how  to hit a switch to ask for water
 He was a fallen hero . 
A boy who will never be six. 

OH God  how I hope and pray 
that you surround his family with love and grace 
 helping them feel in place 
 with their supper hero gone 
 A boy who  will never be six
 He will never be forgotten,  
 never 
ever 
erased.

I never knew this hero,
 I met him online .
Everyday I would read his stories 
on his family blog 
Chasing Rainbows .
I met him 
Meny met him 
 He touched so many lives 
 Like heros do. 

Gavin 
Oh Gavin 
David Leong .I   mourn  for you
 You were so brave 
 and so true.
 There is nothing that I  wouldn't  do to support your family
 ED,   Kate, and Brain 
 You will always have a place in my heart  along with Gavin
  Know  guys that  the  cyber special needs community
Morns with you.
We mourn  for a boy.  
Moans for a boy who did not  have to pretend he was hero. 
 because he was a supper hero.
 A boy who will never be six.
Rest in Peace Gavin.   


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute to such an amazing little boy :) Thank you for posting this.

Jessica @ The Wondering Brain said...

He touched me too! I've been hugging my little boy since I learned of his story! He will be missed! Thanks for his tribute.

Jessica
The Wondering Brain