Monday, October 6, 2014

AZ's Week in review

  So today   I am showing you  the second  week of August  week in  review.
  That week  my dad got a weird  app  that repeated back  what he said in a monkey voice.  I played  golf three times.
















 Now   for  those of you that are new   here.  I started playing golf when  I was 15, the summer before sophomore year.  I  was actually on the practice


 team for three years.    Here is a  post  I wrote  back on my old blog.

October 9th 2009

Last Saturday was the Special Olympics play day. I love this day. It is for preschooler with special needs. There is basketball, bowling, dancing, biking, running, arts and crafts, parachutes and golf.

If anyone has not heard today golf became a Olympic sport. Golf is one of my favorite sports. I have played golf for the local Special Olympics and for my high school for the past three years. I love playing golf for my school. GO is really great guy he gets it. He is a former special education teacher who believes in inclusion. GO has let me play on the practice team and although I have never played a match I get to play on the course. He sometimes pushes me hard to do things I do not want to do. (More on this latter)He lets me be on the team. I may not play in the match however I have a uniform and am involved in all the fundraising and it means a lot to me . I love golf I may not be the best but I like it all the same.

So as I watched the little kids with disabilities play mini golf . There is that glimmer of hope for inclusion on a golf team in high school . The kid may only be on the prat ice team like I have been,but the kid will earn a spot through hard work. Like I am trying to do on Tuesday rain or shine. Although sun will be better. No matter if I play or not there will still be hope for the little kids because of GO. It is amazing how one person can give a glimmer of hope.



No comments: