Monday, June 6, 2011

Happenings at home

 hay  guys  so   I  have not been   blogging  for a while so here is whats up 

1  My   sister ,  book gal,   is  graduating from high school and will be moving to Boston.  The  ceremony is  tomorrow  and    we have a house party    on Saturday.
 2 Princess is a senior .  She   took the SAT's  on Saturday.  I  felt kinda bad for her because her  first week of summer break  was spent  taking a  SAT prep course.  The same one  I  took    but never  used   i   now  to go  CC  sigh 

3 I  got a job at  a basketball camp.  Note   it is  not a special needs  basketball  camp,  A  regular basketball  camp.  My mom  tried  to  get me connected to a job coach for adults with disabilities  but  I  wanted  to  get the job on my terms. I  was a camper  at this camp  in middle school and loved it.  Their philosophy is  to teach  campers  how to be  better  people  using sport as a vehicle. ( sounds  familiar   right think Special Olympics ) One of my memories of camp is   having  to  ask to go to snack  using magic words  and lots of high fives ( again special Olympics)     I am supper excited.  I will be blogging about it as   I  get more info on it ,

4 My mom  had a birthday yesterday  Happy b day mom

5 My dad's mom is here for the  graduation  tomorrow  this  is really cool as she is in Texas and we do not see her that often.   Yesterday  My parents grandma and I went to see X Men  great movie  more info about that soon

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Congratulations to your sisters and you, operating in the spheres you choose.

And, yes, earlier inclusion opens up doors later.

Great tapping into your personal Learning and Sporting Network, AZ.

Would love to hear more about X-Men.

Happy birthday for your Mum for the the 5th June.

(And the Californian community college system is excellent. The people in it are highly goal-motivated and well, motivated, in general!).