Thursday, January 10, 2013

Able to Go to College- Episode eight: The Search for Bumble bees



This  was   a beautiful spring day  to  go  bee hunting. Why hunt bees  you ask?  Well, I did not have a choice. My biology teacher had us  do a class observation on bumble bees .    It was  actually really fun.I  enjoyed it one thing that I learned about bees  is that despite what  AA Miller writes, not all bees live in hives and make  honey.  I  think , I  heard this about a  year ago( I am a  tad behind  in these videos all  of these  videos are from   the spring 2012 semester).   Do you guys  know anything about bees ? 

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hi, AZ.

Robert Hornung wrote an authoritative WikiBook on bees and bee keeping.

Glad you had an awesome lab.

It's AA MILNE who writes about bees and honey and especially the adventures of a bear.

And of course bumblebees are not the only bees.

There is also a good chapter in Margery Fisher's MATTERS OF FACT [1972] which is all about the bee books written for children, teenagers and young adults. May pick some bits out of the bibliography, like how they travel and how they perceive invisible spectra.