Monday, March 9, 2015

Cerebral Palsy Party Day 6 Food

 Food.  Whats a party without food  right.   After all  you sing Happy  Birthday    in front of a cake.







  Todays post will be about   how to make cafeteria;s more accessible to people with CP.    Now  I have  been in two schools with a cafeteria.    My two colleges.   My  junior college was awesome in accessibility.  They even  cut up  my  pancakes for me  when I get  breakfast on  campus.   The private college was not so  great.  One   thing they could have done better was  the pizza.   At my junior college  pizza  is in a box which makes it really easy to  grab  and  get in  line. The private college had pizza on a platter which you have to serve yourself.   This is  very  hard for  me because my  hands are  not that strong,   I have to ask  people  to help me, happily they have been willing to help me.

 Ordering  food  is also  a challenge for me. Although  I have  improved my speech  quite a bit,   I can be hard to understand at times.  One  way  I can  get around this is by writing it down on the notes section on  my I Phone   or  trying to repeat it  using  my best articulation.  When  I  am on break at work  I   usually grab  a personal pizza  or   an  pre made sandwich to save time.

 Got image  from
 https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c6/7a/66/c67a6673a3f8baef7f42bfbb9d0d8580.jpg



No comments: