Monday, March 4, 2013

"Its not El Captain"


Steve on stage  he received  the  Kaiser ThriveAward  
  So last  Friday I went to see   Wampler's Ascent.  Its about Steve Wampler's climb   of El Captain in Yosemite  CA.

 Nice to see you again Mr. Wampler. 
 Wampler is not your average mountain climber  he has  CP and uses a wheelchair to get around. In order to climb the mountain he  was sitting in a chair and had to do pull ups. He was  pulling to raise money for   a summer camp that he help restart  after it got closed down.  He had attend that camp  as a kid and it was  the turning point in his life where  he realized  that he  can do anything.  He went on to UC Berkley.  It was very exciting to watch.  My mom and I  went to see the movie  My  mom  usually  fall asleep during movies and i thought  that  she would  have  fallen asleep during this one as well, she did not sleep well  Thursday night but she did not; however, she  did not That how exciting it was.

My Mom said, " Aw what a beautiful family" as she took this photo    


   But that is not the best part  The best part was that I got to meet Wampler's children.  That's right Wampler is father to two beautiful  kids and along with his wife Elizabeth they have a beautiful family.



 Meeting Wampler's son , Joe  He was ten when his dad climbed El Captain 



Wampler gives me hope for a future. I want to be a mother  and wife to a caring husband. I want to  have my own family and  Wampler gives me hope it can happend. I can become a mother and have a  typical American  Family.

AZ and Steve Wampler

 After  the movie  we were going  home but then  I  spotted  Johnny Rockets   and I  had to have a Strawberry milkshake  before  we went home.  As we were driving home, my mom said that I have no excuse  because  anything that  I do that is challenging is  not  EL Captain,

   Great Milkshake to end a great night  

 For those of you who are reading and  live in the Bay  Area  Wampler will be screening his flim Thursday night.   I  highly recommend going. For more information click here 


No comments: