Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Favorite cousin

  Yesterday  we heard from   my Grandma on my  father's side so  today  we will here from my cousin (D) on my mom's side. 




 Do you know someone with Cerebral Palsy?
 
Well it just so happens that I do! And it just so happens to be my favorite cousin, 

AZ and D  Spring 2006







(pauses for a brief minute) I don’t want anyone getting jealous or nothing so…. all my cousins are my favorite, but she is very dear and special to me. If you have ever judged someone by them having a disability then I believe I have simple cure to your ignorance, meet her. She is a very smart, determined, and loving young lady. When we were both younger she spanked me in video games on a consistent basis and no one could touch her when it came to Harry Potter. If having a Cerebral Palsy means you can’t do as much as the next person and that you will have limitations, then someone definitely didn’t tell her that. She defined the word fun and overcoming obstacles, and I’m very proud of her. Family is an important thing, and nothing brings family together like the holidays; but to me the excitement to see your favorite cousin (yep I said it) and hang out with no limits attached to our fun meter, it is always going to be a highlight that I will remember.
 
Cheers



thanks D I love you 
 

No comments: