Monday, October 13, 2014

Unified Golf

             


         The  red ball is   part of  a campaign to get more people involved in Unified Sports. I thought I would share my  reflections from my first Unified golf tournament   Its an event to   encourage people to play unified.



 In August I played in my first Unified golf tourment. It had a  fun time.  I  got to know a fellow female golfer I will  call her Kim.  Kim is actually step mom to a guy  I went  to high school with.  We were even  able to meet up and practice on a  friday night. Which got me out of the house.    I  love  golf a lot.  I  played  golf in high school on the  practice team.

The Unified  golf it self is really  cool. It was the first time I played on the course in a tournament so  it  made it really exciting    I played Ok.  I had some bad shots but Kim was able to help me refocus and play.    We got sliver but I would say that  the other two teams were similarly matched.    I  really  wish  the special olympics  season was a little bit longer.    Our season was only eight weeks  long.  My  goal for next season is to play 9 hole individual  round.    Speaking of next year I really hope that I will be able to  make the trip down to  LA  next year  to watch the opening ceremonies next year.

 Here are some more  pictures

 WE both got medals because we both played hard. 






 On the course selfie

No comments: