Thursday, May 6, 2010

Transition to adult life part two

It is now may 6 and school gets out in less than 30 days and I am getting more woried by the day. I do not understand why help if you are in inculsive education has to end when we are 18. I am soo not ready.


It also makes me frustrated that there is only two ways of life for someone like me. Sheltered workshops or day care or collage life with limited support. i got into a program today however it is totally special ed classes on a collage campus. i am not sure i want this there has to be a better way to ease into adult life If anyone has any suggestions how to help please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

AZ, I do not know much about this. But I do know that going to college is a really exciting, eye-opening thing to do. You should see how it goes. If the special-ed program isn't right, well, maybe they can make other accommodations for you. You won't know until you try. It may seem scary to leave the safety of the world you know now, but there is a very exciting world waiting out there for you! GO FOR IT!

Yes, feel free to post that other post.