Thursday, January 23, 2014

Able to go to College - Episode 14 : Bus Basics





  So this weeks  episode is all about taking the bus.    One  of the hardest things about     leaving high school for me was a fear of  taking the bus.  I thought I was not ready to  take pubic transit and  I was not  too trilled about  taking   para transit.   I eventually  got on the bus  and  have not looked back  sense.  At this time  I do not drive so  taking the bus  is my token to independence when  my parents or siblings are not home.


  Speaking  about tokens

             Around here there are a lot of  different options for paying  a fair.     You can pay  two  dollars a  trip, in cash or  coins.  You can use  a  token, which  you can see  in the video, or you could  use  a card that  acts like a  credit card.  I use  tokens  to   take the bus,  they are quick and  easy or  when   I can not find them  I  use dollars.



  Thanks   Ms. Parks
 







Thanks  to  Rosa  Parks     I can  sit anywhere on the bus.    That is  true  but for some  reason  the bus's  disability  seats,  which  i  sometimes  sit in but not always,   are in the front.  The first day of university   I met a guy with Spina Bifida  on  the bus who  just happend to be  a  big  Nintendo  fan.   We have  been  pals  ever  since







 got  images  from


  Tokens
http://nationalticket.com/siteimages/Tokens.jpg


   Rosa  Parks
http://www.okaloosa.k12.fl.us/djj/Technologykp/Blackhistoryweb/BlackHistory/rosa.jpg




1 comment:

severity said...

Hurray for independence! Bravo AZ!