| The inaccessible|
that leads to campus. I do not take this
I go where the cars
My university is completely inaccessible. Walking up to the campus from the street, I take the bus because I live at home with my parents, You are met with a wooden staircase. You know the wood that cause you to have splinters if you need to use the rail due to compormised balance.
There are only two people that I have seen that use wheelchairs and I am not surprised because there is one building that holds classes does not have a elevator.
Why am I telling you this , well this is the scene of my college and their view of disabled people. This is where I have been attending for the past week and although I do not need an elevator I still have a major disability. I have CP NLD and OCD.
* I have had teachers that do not get it.
* I had a professor make jokes about my hats and then when I explain the fact that I can not do my hair because of Cerebral Palsy. He says whatever
| A sad day at school. This was taken in the|
beginning of October
:however things never improved they got worse
* I have had an Linguistic teacher say blanket statements such as " Everyone learns language without direct instruction, which invalidates my experience,
* I have had a professor defend the use of the word cripple. She is not a crip thats my word to defend.
* I have had a professor use the R word and then scold me when I bring it to his attention.
* I have had a professor not understand why reading Beowulf and Canterbury Tails ( Click on each one to hear how its pronounced ) out loud seem like cruel and unusual punishment for someone who struggles to speak modarn english.
* I have had a professor force me to take a test that I was not prepared for.
The last one was the straw that broke my back. i have no intention of going back this semester Its gotten too the point where I do not want to be a teacher anymore.
So what happens when schools are not inculsive
| One of the few fun times that I had in University was|
an activity on campus.