Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crappy Cheeseburgers

                   Let me just say that I hate  my voice.   Yeah  I am  in  ST  but  it still hard.  I am  21 years old ( Age wise)  but   I can not say my own  name its a  struggle  and  no  I       can not  do phonics.       Despite all  of this  I  understand everything,  ok  so not  chemistry but  not everyone  understands it,    what that means  is that I do not have an intellectual  disability.  Its like  an  invisible  brick  wall ,  yeah  I  know    walls  can not be invisible  but its a metaphor  with a  fantasy twist .  I  know what I  want  but   when  I try to  get it  I  hit   my head on a brick  wall.   Totally  not fun:( .


      This makes  ordering  food   really  hard  sometimes  people can  understand my     speech and   either  make the food or  help  me   tell the person . Well   the past few days at my college  dinning hall   the  chiefs have not been understanding me that well.      Earlier today I had speech   and we came up  with writing  the word down   on the notes feature of my I-Phone   .  Well , as  I went back to the dinning room   after speech  for a evening class  ,  I  wrote  down  Cheese burger  and  garlic fries  as a back up  plain.     There was a  severe  there  lets  call   them  A.  It was fairly  busy   so they called another person  to help    B.  Well    I  have worked with  A    before but   she was having a  hard time understanding me   I'd  say  she   understands about 70% of what  I say; however,  I  had never  met    B  before.    B ends up  helping me.    Between the two of them they  understand that I want  a Cheeseburger and  B    starts one on the  grill,  I tried  to tell them I wanted   American Cheese  but  neither one understands me. So  I write it on my phone  and show B  he calls    A  over and  A  helps  him I look over   and sure enough there is some American cheese on the grill.  I look down and hear a smirk.    I    think that someone   made fun of my speech the worst part is  A  is the manager. 


 Told my  parents and   they did not  seem to see why I was so  mad.     I am  mad because  I think they made fun of my speech.  I  am   mad because   I want to be able to  say what I want   and  have people understand the first time.  I am  mad  because    sometimes I  am  so    Frigen tired  of   repeating and  trying   to be understood.  I am  mad because  I hate  when  people   think  that I am too dumb to  notice if they  laugh.  Good  think  book  girl and Soccer  man   understand. 

No comments: