Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Teach your childeren well

Today  I learned a  great skill  in   self advocating.  I  have  had some problems  with    some of the kids and  staff  at  CDS(all the students have disabilities in the  program )   understanding  my speech and teasing ( more  on this soon)  so  I  made a power point on  CP and presented it to the class and  head  teacher.    It  went   well and  the  great thing was that   I  did it without  direct input from   other adults.  I did go  down to the  speech  center  yesterday   and  they    said  to  educate others  but    they  did not mention creating a   power point . I  am  feeling   proud  of my self and hope that any parent  reading this  who has a special need  kid   remember that   eventually they  need to  be    an  expert on there disabilities to  the  point where    they can  educate  others.

3 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That is very cool! I hope that they people listened and paid attention. They should be proud of you for what you do and not tease you!

AZ Chapman said...

laura u mean if my speech doesn't allow me right

Michelle said...

Good for you on making the power point all on your own! I hope they really understood the point you were trying to make.