Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Balll helper : asking and thanking

After coach C told me last year that I would not suit up i was preaty bummed out to say the least. I decided to ask coach g. Coach g was i admit the last person I though would ever say yes to the idea. She had me in PE knew that I acted out, but yet like J mac I asked and prepared my slef my saying that i had had 99% chance of helping out but I was happy when coach G said yes the result is .













Fall 2010 I got to be apart of a team. I had a small job, it could have been done by players or coaches but it meant the world to me. I got to sit on the bench and cheer on the team. I was able to listen to strategy in the team room shake hands with the teams at the end of the game. Get into a quad basketball game for free ( not a supper big deal but a nice benefit) I was on the team and what was great was that other people at my high school knew I was on the team and treated me like it. Did i get to suit up? no but I was on the team and more importantly I had something fun to do Fridays nights which is what every teen deceivers. Whenever I saw ms G I thanked her after the season because she took a chance on a kid with CP and hopefully if she is presented with other disabled kids who want to help out she will remeber that it gave me a lot of happiness on those Friday nights

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog Veronica!! You, advocating on behalf of all persons with disabilities, is commendable!! Keep writing, and pursuing your dreams!!