Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Guess who I met



  So  last  Tuesday   I  went to  San Francisco's  pier  at night. It was  nice because it was  not crowed or  anything  but  I  was not  there to sight  see.  I  was not there because I  like the city but yet I was  there to go  the  Aquarium  by the  bay   but  I was  not there  to see  fish.

 I  was there to see  a  movie  and not just a movie  but a Q and A  with  the  film maker  do  you  know who  yet?











    I will  give  u  a  hint   he is also a  father,








      He is a fabulous  photo journalist his work has been in   Time  Magazine

 got this from http://elmercqegs.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/time_magazine_logo.jpg




   It Was  DAN HABIB OF  INCLUDING SAM.





 I was so excited to meet him and  listen to him speak.  He is soo good  with  presenting there were some kids there  and it was  really nice that   he  took the time to interact with him.     He  had  recognized me   and   during the presentation    asked  me  to stand up  and  I got a standing ovation.   I  really  loved   going  it was  soo   cool  because   I  finally got to 'meet' him .  Of course  we have been Facebook  friends  for a while  now.   I really love   having  IRLs.  I  was in my element  going to stuff  like  this  really  solidifies that I  want to  be a disabled  advocate   on the rights of inclusion of  students with disabilities. I am  norm,  something  I am  a part of   is   going to be having another  youth summit   and this  time  I will be attending.  The best part was that  the evening changed  people's   attitudes  and got the  conversation started. Thanks Dan  for  coming hope  to see  you again soon

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is SO cool! It sounds like a great night. :-)

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hooray for getting the conversation started and having a place to continue it.

I didn't get Habib the first time around, which probably shows how many Dads are advocating for their children and the wider world.

It was great seeing the way he interacted with the children, according to your report.

Shasta said...

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! You look so stoked!