Monday, January 9, 2012

Sixth grade part one : orientation


 I  remember   going to school  for  orientation.  I would be  in  Pod  2.  My  sixth grade  class  was  split up into  Pods.   This  meant that   a group of  kids  would have the same  English Math  and Science class.    This  would be my first time rotating  classes as  well.  This system seemed  to be a good  idea  because    all the teachers  were  next door to  each other.     This was  also a good  idea because the kids in each  class   had the  potential to become  great  friends. I  stay   potential because    it  never  really worked out.    Due to social skills problems   I never really  had  friends without   disabilities   from  middle school on up.     Let me say that   at least I  knew  everyone  name by the end of the year.


   During ordination I  would  come to find that my  pod was the  cool  advanced  pod.    Our  pod  had  a mascot   the sea horse   which    none of the other  pods had as  well  as fun math.  I did not  do  very  much  math that year  instead we  did art  projects   it  was   cool.   My  teacher was  very  old   in  fact  back in 2003 he had   some  former students   children.   He is now  retiring at the end of this school year 2011. I  was the only  one from  my  family to have  him.    Book gal  went to a private school and Princess   was in a different  pod.    He   had  some  disabilities but  that  did not prevent him from teaching math  science   and PE as well as coach  sports.






 Anyway  after orientation I went out  breakfast  with  DD, we were  friends all throughout  middle school,    I  had    no idea   what w to as    to come that  year.

3 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Dear AZ:

Really enjoyed reading about your teacher in the sixth-grade orientation.

And it is cool when the teachers are next door to each other.

How would you suggest kids in your position make friends? I think the social skills may be on both sides!

AZ Chapman said...

Adelaide i will anser that in a different post

lifeofthedifferentlyabled said...

Hi AZ this is the hear
Hi adelaide how are you do you still read over at my blog was wondering how you are these days