Monday, October 6, 2008

get it down I miss the playground



I miss the playground. I rember when I was in primary school I looked forward to recess and lunch. Recess and lunch were fun there was jumprope to learn.I became a pro at this when i was in Kindergarten. I loved playing on the playground doing the monkey bars and cimbing through the the tubes.

But what I miss most is the aceptance On the playground it was easy to join in a game of knockout or tag or handball. teasing still happened. I remeber a indent in pre K but for the most part My time from K-5 was great

My mom says that you learn to fear people who are different,. Mabey it is kinda like santa Clause you believe in him when your young but as y get older you Belize it is just your mom and Dad.

C is in K now and she told me that I seek wired. It hurt because in five years she might think people with disabilities are wired and avoid them and mabe even bully them. I fear that day. The day when kids realize that people with disablities are wired and bad.

I will always treasure the time we were playing hide and seek on Saturday night. THat took me back to the times of the playground

1 comment:

Laura said...

I still go to the local playground to swing and listen to my ipod. It's relaxing. I also sometimes drop by the spray park in the summer time. I do agree that elementary school was easier for joining activities and stuff.

I talk to my classmates after class but I have no interest in attending large group gatherings such as dances or parties(probably due to the Asperger syndrome) so I never missed being invited to them.

I was glad that when I started university in 2004 that people left me alone and stopped bullying me for the first time since elementary school.