Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Enjoying the sun on a sunday part two

A family of five go to mount tam ;however only two go up a father and the only disabled teen in the brunch, his daughter. ( The Irony)

top of mount tam dad and Me June 6 2010
After the play on the mountain my dad wanted to take us to the top of mount tam. He has been trying to do this forever but this was the first day it was good weather. Book gal and Princess had a different idea though.



I wanted to go to the top but little did I know there were 2 hikes . One going around the mountain and another going to the building. My whole family went around and I learned that Princess is afraid of stuff too( heights and wild animals). So my mom waited with her and book gal in the van while I went to the top with my dad.


The view was amazing up there I am taking a break climbing the mountain. I had to hold my dad's hand all of the time.





I am standing outside of a fire station on the top . There used to be a train that took you to the summit and they would have dances on the top.


The fact I went to the top is a significant because I am almost done much done with OCD it has been the hardest climb in my life. I wrote the flowing poem a year after getting OCD.

Going up the Mountain
by AZ Chapman
I was going up a mountain
yeah
oh I was going up a mountain
I was going up a mountain
going up so fast
I had friends all me
I thought that it would last
with new friends to make and sports to play
life was good
to good to last
The year of ninth grade
in the spring semester
things stared to become a pester
first the map then no sleep
then my family found out I had OCD
I am going down the mouton
i am falling fast
I just want to return to the past
the friends I tough I could trust
just left me in the dust

I know i can climb the mountain again
and I have started
but some days are harder then others you know
and now that spring semester is here once more
I am afraid that I will fall
further down the mountain
I hope that I can climb the mountain
and get back on top
if I got back up again I would shout hoary
I missed you summit
and i hope that I can
and hang out up top the mountain
and never fall
And then people like Ms P would be amazed
because I have beaten down a hard wall

was going up the mountain
yeah
it will take hard work
but I am determined to get back on top




Two and a half years later after the poem was written with OCD almost complete and a high school graduate

I am thankful for how far I have came over the past three years in regards to OCD, even though it is not over yet there is a light at the end of the tunnel.







1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

This is a beautiful poem you wrote. You are an inspiration to me! I have a 6.5 year old with CP and I will happily be reading your blog from now on. :)