Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why I stand with Henry

         Soo  if you are on facebook   and into the disability u might of heard of a  kid named Henry.  Henry  lives in florida  and  is being home school by  force. The  reason is  he  can not go  to  the local junior high because he has some  disabilities.

  The school does not have a right  to   keep him  away  from  his neighborhood school.  People  say that  that   he  needs to  take a test to prove that he can   go to school.  I  find this funny because  no one else  has  to   take a test  to go to  public school.   Its a  public school   not a private school.    Why  force him to take a test  this is not right  education is all about learning and all  humans  can  learn.  

  I could say wow   I am so  glad that I do not live in florida  except This could have taken place  where  I live because  schools around here are not that  inclusive in fact I know the only reason that I was able to go to  public school was tthat   I did not have an intellectual disability.  I have  CP My    In fact there is  a private school that is inclusive in our area. Thats  right there is a private school  that does what  the public schools  should be doing.  

  I stand with  Henry  because I  know the benefits of attending the  neighbor school amongst peers.  I stand  with  Henry  because  I  know that he deserves  the same high exceptions  as his class mates.  I  stand with  Henry because  I know  that he will need to interact in a world where there are people without disabilities.  I stand with  Henry because   he deves a chance to  achieve his dreams. I stand with  Henry because     he should have  the chance to be involved  in after school activities and  dances  if he  wants  to.  I stand with  Henry because I know that good education   allow him to  have a rich and full life.

        Henry  if  you ever  read this  I want you  to know how much  I admire  your determination to  forge ahead,  Never give in.  I  have heard from some parents around here  find it hard   to pave the wat in terms of inclusion.  Never give  in.   Never take those   tests. You sshould not need to  fight .       I hope  I can meet you one day

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

This is great!

Henry said...

Thanks Veronica I won't give in.

Angel said...

AZ... you are AWESOME!!

Smithsholidayroad said...

Thanks for sharing AZ. Henry I am so sorry that your state is so ignorant and is excluding you from s basic human right of education.
Bron