Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dentist tips for people with CP

                     So   I have  been  going to the dentist  for a while  now.  As of  right  now,  I go to a pediatric dentist.  Its  pretty cool   u  can  play  videogames or  watch movies   while getting your teeth cleaned.  Its  a  great place to go  however  CP  makes  it  a  little  bit hard.   So  I thought  I  give you  guys   an insiders view of going to the dentist  With  CP.

  Disclaimer:  CP  effects  every  kid  differently  so  while  going to the dentist is  hard for me   it may not be hard for someone  with  CP whose mouth  is  not  effected.

 Now  I am  pretty  mobile   so    getting into the chair is not a big  deal  for me  but  i think  someone who  has more  mobily    challenges with CP  may need  help  getting into the dentist chair.


    Open   up

  Ok so  opening  up is  really  hard  for me because of  CP.  My  mussels  are  really tight  so   its  easier for me to keep my  jaw closed. Which  means talking and   opening up wide is  a challenge.  I also have  a bite  reflex which means I  may  bite  down  if  someone  puts something near my  mouth.

  A  solution

  a bite block_ I do not like using this

    Not having me keep my mouth open for a long period of time.  So when it comes to flossing my  teeth which I do not  do a lot   more in another post   The dentist may  floss a couple of teeth then  let me close  my mouth before reaping it.  As  I have gotten  older I have tried  to  keep my mouth open for long periods of time I can do it  but  it  takes a lot of effort.

  X-rays


X-rays are  really hard for me to do  so  sometimes I need to   go under  ( if I have a cavity)  so they  take them then




  So   parents  self advocates  how is the dentist for you  or your child.  Do you have any tips to share?








 photos from

http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300/A_Woman_Dentist_Examining_a_Woman_Patient_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090819-002470-733053.jpg

http://classroomclipart.com/images/gallery/Clipart/Dental/patient-dental-xray-exam.jpg

10 comments:

Best Dentists in India said...

When we go for dentist. Sometimes we are very hesitate and afraid about dentist treatment. If Dentist behave is friendly we do not worry and afraid they treat us very easily and friendly. Nice to come this post. Thanks.

Dentists India

Dr. Brian donlon reviews said...

Dental Health Care is one of the best prevention programs to ensure fresh breath, healthy mouth and teeth for life. Dental diseases are not considered to be fatal. Hence very often people neglect the importance of oral hygiene.

Dr. Brian donlon reviews

Unknown said...

It just shows how important it is to visit a dentist on regular interval!! so many things we dont understand and at times we do ignore minor problems which leads to further complications!!

Regards,
Dentist mumbai

Unknown said...

Visiting the dentist regularly will not only help keep your teeth and mouth healthy, but will also help keep the rest of your body healthy.

warm regards,
Dentist India

Unknown said...

If I'm right about what CP means then I can definitely understand how it can be hard to go to the dentist sometimes. There really are so many benefits for going to the dentist though. In the end, being able to have that check up, even if it's in your own time, really can be beneficial. That's from my own personal experience though. It definitely is different for everyone though. http://mountainviewdentalhealth.ca/new-patients/

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing, I mean your post is really a great way to create awareness on such topics, I can certainly assure you that at dentzz I was made so comfortable that now I share a great cordial relation with dentists at Dentzz and follow all the precautions said by dentist at dentz, so that I can take charge of my teeths like a dentist itself, you can find some great tips to follow by them here :https://dentzzreview.wordpress.com/ and http://www.slideshare.net/DentzzDental/dentzz these are the sites where they regularly updates tips of dental care, dental hygeine and explain their procedures in detail.

Unknown said...

Hey such a beautiful post, The best dental care reviews for all is here

Unknown said...

Hey such a beautiful post, The best dental care reviews for all is here

Unknown said...

I totally agree with your article. India has been one of my fav countries when it comes to holiday and nowadays thanks to the growth in dental tourism you can get great dental services at affordable prices. From my personal experience i have been to this clinic and have received really satisfactory results and also shared my review on the same.

Unknown said...

We think that such tips are small but they really do matter sometimes and if we can take a charge of ourselves by following them then there's no issue of going into agony later. I have been to Dentzz Dental which is a multi-speciality clinic and post treatment or check ups they really guide you well like how to keep the oral health good etc. They also have the website where they keep on posting such helpful tips that are useful in maintaining good oral health.