Monday, October 8, 2012

Another good movie gets ruined





  So today I went with my dad and  brother  to see trouble with a curve.  It was a good  movie   wait let me  repress that  it  was  almost a  good  movie but then someone  used the R word   and  it was not a teachable  moment.     I think this   is  the second movie this  year that has  used it when will hollywood  ever lean.     Why do people seem to   think that its  still ok to use the r word.  I know  a lot of  people with  intellectual disabilities and that word hurts.  It  isn't ok.      What harm will a  harmless movie do  you ask  well     people  see it  and think its  ok.  It  isn't OK. Treat others the same  way  you like to be treated.     People with intellectual disabilities  have  feelings  and  they can  be hurt  by   saying  this word.  It is not  Ok.      I know  of  some little  guys with intellectual disabilities  who love  baseball  but  this  movie  will not  be good for them to see because of   a couple of lines of dialogue.



  got image f rom here http://www.publicimagesnetwork.org/Disable%20the%20Label/DISABLE_THE_LABEL-R-word_Hurts.jpg

No comments: