Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What is Italy like

 Please note    This post will only make sense if u know  Welcome to Holland  by Emily peril Kingsley.



  I was born in Holland.  A land of windmills and  trollops.  but sometimes I wonder what is Italy like Most of my family  are Italian  so naturally I wonder what  it is to be Italian too.  I land of pizza and history. 

  I  wonder what it feels to be able to  speak the Italian dialect to  be so easily understood most everyone around  seems to know how to speak  it fluently. Like the  land in which it originated  in Italian seems so grand . I have tried  and tried to speak it but still people do not understand.

 I wonder what it  is like to be from Italy.  To blend in with the crowd. Too not have to prove  myself worthy   and that I do know what  to do.  I wonder what is like too ride a moped  with the wind through your hair. I will never know what it is like to be from Italy.

  I will never know what it feels like to  be a full bread Italian , but I have a rough idea.   I have  met many people from Italy and  have played some Italian games learned some stuff  from the banks of Venice.  Some people  call it  a  Inclusion ,but to me it is  more then  a word.    can help me understand   Italy and it;s people which is so important  because Italy has so many people  and sights and a sounds : while Holland has so few. I learn to be  a Hollander  alongside  the Italian  because  there is so much in Italy to discover  and the more I discover  maybe my parents   dreams  of creating similar thing will come true.   Holland has it  tulips  and is known for it slower pace  and I was  born into  this but   when it comes down  to it  I  still need food  shelter and lots  of love, Because   if I can not get the full   Italian experience I can get the whole experience of love

 Left to right   book gal princess  laid back athlete mom AZ  dad  spring 2007

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

I do know Welcome to Holland very well, as well as the recent addition about Amsterdam Airport!

Loved reading how you experience the love of the Italians.

What does it feel like to experience a moped?

Laura Gilmour said...

Very well written. I can tell you put a lot of time an thought into this post. I did a similar post about AS last fall where I compared AS to living in a foreign country and constantally trying to learn the rules of society.