Tuesday, October 12, 2010

16 years ago today I started pre school

  The  fall of  1994   marked a  beginning of an  era for  me. You see , due to my CP  I was  eligible for free   pre school  though my school  teacher . The  Key word   is  free  so  off to  pre school I  went.

There  was a catch ,   this  class  was  a SDC class  for kids with  speech disorders. My  teacher, I am  going to call her  Teacher  J , was a  wonderful teacher  who  helped  me out a  lot . I later  met up with Teacher  J   right before    I   started  high school  at  my  Jr.High   graduation party in 2006.   I am  getting ahead of my self  here so  why  don't we   take a  look at  the first entry of my pre school  journal.  This  journal  was   used   as a  communication  between mostly my mom and  teacher J  with input from dad  just to  keep it  interesting.

 please not  [  ] are my commentary. while  the stuff written  like this  outside the[  ] are my  comprehension of  what was  written. Names  are  changed  for privacy reasons.

   Original Date Written    October 12 ,1994. by   teacher  J


 Greetings  AZ's  parents,
         Well we're on our record day. AZ  got off the bus and joined it [ I think she  ment  in]. She  crise especially  in the  early morning requesting, "Ma Ma". In fact she is with  me holding my arm and leg as I write to you.
         Transitional times  seem the most difficult.[to this day this  remains  true] - From one activity to another, classroom  to  playground - classroom to  bathroom. We  chose not to go to  the library today keeping the  routine  constant.Overall she is  adjusting. It's a big  leap for a child. I've  been though it w/ my own  3. We are loving, holding and  caring  for  her.

 Teacher   J

 I  of course   wanted to  share something with my parents as  well so  I drew something  that looks like  this




  This is  from  AZ    teacher J  wrote  above the paper [  I  drew something   similar  but   the  picture  is not  from  me  it is  from  this  site (http://blog.bolandbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/061215.jpg)]   Mommy and  Daddy  I love  you.

 PS :Perhaps you can send a favorite stuff animal,book or toy ,so she could hold on to it, reminding her of home. think about it!

No comments: