Monday, October 17, 2011

Buddy Walk recap

  Happy  Monday everyone  


   On   Saturday  I  went to my  first ever  Buddy Walk.   I looked forward to it all week and    i am glad  I went.  I work up coughing   on Friday  morning and   the first thing  i thought was  i might miss the walk  I did not miss  it and am glad  I  did not    I went with a family that I had met  from my special olympics  young athletes  days.   The family  has one son  and two little girls,   the little boy  with DS I  sat  next to him  and  we sung songs on the way down.  He is  Sesame Streets  biggest  fan  so  when  I sung  the theme song and  paused after  " Can you tell me how to get. '  he  new  what to say it was  soo cute.  Once we arrived The  weather was  beautiful and there   were lots of cute kids there.  I met  a little  four year old who  has  battled cancer twice and  is a savior .   some people get  really into buddy walk.  There were people with signs and banners celebrating the abilities of their love  one  with  Down Syndrome.  The Family I went with  had a sign  that was  right  in front.    It was a fun  walk.


   The only bad  part was knowing that  this great celebration   was not  for me, so selfish  I know.  There is no walk for CP and  I wish  there was.  Camp  Pals  was there  and they are going to have a camp pals  in   CA  summer 2012 which sounds like  fun except wait  I  do not have down syndrome.  I  signed the mailing list    maybe  my sisters  , or me. would  like to be  a consular  and  have a good time at Camp Pals.


 I really liked the  Buddy Walk  and   I  like to ask this of  the  organizers.     Why not have  a  Buddy  Walk for all  disabilities   or   people with Cerebral Palsy  lets     get a walk together.   I think its something everyone who  has   a child with Down Syndrome   should go  to.     Everyone needs  a buddy no  matter how  meny chromosome they have.


 got image  from http://www.dsconnection.org/images/NewsEvents/buddy-walk-logo_big.gif


off to go watch   The Time Square Video

1 comment:

JennyH said...

You are very wise! Buddy Walks are a lot of fun. There should be one to celebrate CP as well. Glad you had a fun time.

Thanks for visiting my blog even when it has been FOREVER since I posted last!

Have a great day.