Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thats my Homework

    Today  I spent  the day  doing homework  by myself.    I have been doing homework on my own since fourth grade.
    In  the fourth grade    I had a teacher   lets  call her   Ms. Abilities.     She was a teacher  that everyone wanted to have and today  she now teaches as a  advanced teacher for  fourth and fifth grade.      The  year  was  2001-2002 and  she  taught  fourth grade.     I was  in a class with a lot  smart   kids.    That was the  year   I tuned  ten which  meant that  in  Ms. Abilities  eyes    i  was  ready to do  homework. Oh   I  tried   getting out  of  this arrangement with her and my  parents  but  in the end  I did my English,  Science,  History  homework   on my  own, math and spelling words  were  the  area  I struggled the most so I  got help with that,  because   in  Ms. Abilities eyes I was  one  of  the "smart" kids  as well.   Since  fourth  grade  i have been doing my homework myself  since  fourth  grade and   now  I am in college.     Can you imagine  me  doing homework with my parents, they could in theory,  now  i do not  think so. Thanks  Ms. Abilities  for    making me do my own  homework  by myself. 

 
Grab This Button



















Got image  from http://www.clipartguide.com/_thumbs/0060-0608-3017-4047.jpg

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

AZ:

I hope you got excellent marks on your Work Habits, and Ms Abilities recognised what an effort it was to do.

Glad to see that she was stretching you in this way, as she would the other students.

A lot of younger people with disabilities develop self-management through the therapies they actively participate in.

Homework is definitely a valued skill, so the other students respect them (you) for it.

One thing I didn't like about being smart is that other people asked me to do their homework for them.

And I was happy when I saw Amanda Baggs say, "Part of the reason I'm not in college right now is that I can't do my homework, let alone yours."