Thursday, October 20, 2011

Guess who i met

 Me on the way up  on Mount Tam  Summer 2010
         Late breking news   From  today  but first a pre story


  A  few months  ago
           Mom: AZ   do you  know who    S  W is 
               AZ: No
                 Mom:  He has  CP and the speaker  at  the  annual breakfast  for   Community Gatepath"


 Cool
     A couple weeks later  I saw this.













 and i  asked  "Mom  are we going to Gatepath  so i can  meet him.




  Mom:  no  i have to present  far away


  These past two  weeks


  AZ:  I  have to go to the breakfast  I  have  to  go  to  the breakfast


    Last night


  Dad:  AZ you  can go to the breakfast.   Your mom will   drop you off and I  will  pick you up.


 Today


  MOm  and  i got there late but i was able to get a ticket  and  a seat at  a table in the back and I heard  Steve Wampler  speak.  He is the first person  with CP  to  climb   El Captin in  Yosimitee.    This is not an esay task  for anyone  but   get this    he  only  has  use of  one  hand .    He was able to  grip on with both hands  and  pull up in a  chair.     It took him  six days  but  he made it.     Off the moutian  he  is a husband and  a father  to two  kids.    It  was soo nice for me to meet someone  else with CP  that I can look up to.  He has a new  movie  coming out  next year  and I  told him  he should  come back to the area to screen it.  I really  enjoyed   meeting him and hearing  his story.  I do not  know what my life will be like as I  get older  but    meeting   Steve shows me that    i may  end up  leading  an  adverage life( married , kids,  a career) and  a chance to inspire others    

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Another man with CP who climbs mountains and does triathlons is Bonner Paddock.

He is having a movie night on the 12th November at Soka University of America.

So you may have your chance.

Steve Wapner is great!