Thursday, October 13, 2011

Learning to read part two My first independent book

     Growing up   my family had a lot of  kids book  lying around  our house.    Among with the Disney   we had  lots  of    step into  reading books .    Out of  all of them  the book  I  remember  reading for the first time  was Tiger is  a Scaredy Cat.  

  Looking back    I say it was a sad  irony that I  remember  this  book   as  I  deal with  fear.      But that was  my 'first independent book.     I also have memories   of  reading this book in  pre  K.  

    Do you remember your first book        What books are/were your    kids   favorite ,

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Even though both my parents were elementary/primary school teachers, there were not a lot of books around the house that were especially for children.

Some of the books I remember reading when I was younger included Molly the Mouse Goes Shopping (a pop-up book where you take Molly places), Aesop and La Fontaine's fairy tales and there was Caps for Sale and Tiddalick the toad.

One book I did not get to read was probably Where the wild things are.

Some recent books I recommend about dealing with anxiety are the Mr Worrythoughts series. I discovered them in August 2008 and they are written by Nicky's Art.

I remember borrowing lots of books from the school and local libraries. One of the first books I borrowed was Emma and another is called Living with Giants.

One of the few commercial books I read was probably Pound Puppies. I do remember Barkerville and the junkyard.

My Maman would make books based on stories like The Gingerbread Man. I liked the part about the fox. I think she made it to teach me about running away.

One of the first books I bought at a book fair/sale was probably a Little Critter book by Mercer Mayer. It was called Baby Sister says No.

And I enjoyed reading about Dilly and the dinosaurs. And naughty children!

There is a emerging reader series called Jets which I would probably recommend.

JennyH said...

My gosh you have a good memory! I have no idea what book I read first. I do remember my mom always reading all the books I picked out though. Lots of Dr Seuss type books.